I love Canus Fresh Goat's Milk Soap. I admit to being very lazy when it comes to skincare. I only do the minimum when it comes to anything from the neck down.
Mostly, I just feel I shouldn't mess too much with the body's natural systems. It's silly to use a cleanser that strips moisture away only to add moisture back with a lotion that adds other things to your skin that you have to remove with cleanser to prevent clogging pores... it's a vicious cycle that's just silly.
Canus soap is safe for all skin types and is really moisturizing, so I use it in the shower to wash my whole body. This Canadian product is made with entirely natural essential oils for fragrances and doesn't test their products on animals, and the soap is biodegradable and phosphate-free, so I feel guilt-free about the suds going down the drain.
Canus started when a pair of entrepreneurs in Quebec, Canada teamed with a biochemist to create a line of skincare products. The line expanded, and now is marketed in Canada, the United States, France, Korea, Vietnam and Japan.
Goat's milk contains lactic acid (reputed to be a highly effective moisturizer), and caproic and capric fatty acids (which have moisturizing and antibacterial powers). It also contains vitamin A Retinol, caprylic acid (which promotes absorption of emolients and relaxes the skin's surface) and B-complex vitamins. Goat's milk has a pH similar to human skin, and contains natural emollients, vitamins and triglycerides that moisturize the skin.
Canus soap moisturizes using fresh goat's milk concentrate. Fresh milk isn't as easy to preserve as powdered goat's milk, but it does retain its curative properties better than powdered milk.
I find this bar soap and it is quite gentle. The soap is triple-milled, so the bar is hard and doesn't dissolve in the shower the way some soaps do. It lathers up nicely into a silky froth.
Canus has severals lines of products, from cleansers to moisturizers. Their products come in six varieties:
- Original Formula - The first and signature products. All the beneficial properties of fresh goat’s milk combined with a subtle, fresh fragrance made from essential oils that is trademark Canus.
- Fragrance-Free - This deliver all the virtues of our Original Formula collection, minus the fragrance. This makes them ideal for people with sensitive skin or odor allergies.
- Shea Butter - Shea nuts grow in Africa. They look like small avocados. They contain approximately 50% fat. They are used in skincare products because of their nourishing moisturizing properties and skin softening powers. They help maintain the skin’s elasticity. The fragrance is both calming and refreshing.
- Olive Oil and Wheat Protein - Olive oil is known for its skin softening properties. Wheat protein helps tone skin, restore the skin’s elasticity and also soften skin. The fragrance is equally charming and invigorating.
- Orchid Oil - The orchid is Thailand’s national flower. People in Asia have been using orchid oil for centuries to help repair and protect skin. Orchid oil is recognized as an effective skin moisturizer and softener, and for its antioxidant properties too. The fragrance is exotic.
- Marigold Oil - Marigold oil, also known as Calendula Oil is recognized as an excellent antioxidant. Used in skincare products, it is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties, making it popular with people suffering from itchy skin or skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, etc. The fragrance is fresh and tonifying.