11 February 2009

Video Luv: Animation Time!

I love all things stop-motion animation, except for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I think it's the voices; like nails on a chalkboard. But the Peter Gabriel video for "Sledgehammer" is still incredible, and Ray Hammerstein movies were always great fun.

Of course, the best of those has to be Clash of the Titans, which I've seen a couple of hundred times. Mom used to use it in her Grade 8 Language Arts class to test students on how much they paid attention to Greek mythology. She showed them the movie and had them write essays describing the errors in the plot and character interaction. Some of those kids could probably still tell you who Cassiopeia and her boasting really pissed off. That was one of the few videos we owned and I watched it a lot!

Here's an awesome stop-motion video that made me smile.

No comments: