29 October 2008

Product Review: Boots No. 7 Restore & Renew Beauty Serum

I have loved the Boots No. 7 collection since they first hit Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart. I haven't tried the cosmetics yet, but the skincare products feel and look great.

I
have been using Boots No.7 Restore & Renew Beauty Serum ($25). When this was shown on a tv series in the UK (it's named Protect & Perfect there), they confirmed that it lived up to its claims to repair and prevent wrinkles and pigmentation. Sales increased 2000%; one sold every 1.3 seconds. Just like the Nintendo Wii, they'd arrive in the stores and immediately sell out. I had to give it a whirl, and I'm really glad I did.

The lotion comes in a simple tube which is pearl white just like the serum. When you dispense it onto a fingertip, it has this wonderful, rich consistency. It's highly emolient and soaks into the skin quickly, and it feels silky when you put it on. I originally bought it to use under my eyes (to battle the raccoon bags that live there - damned thin skin!), but I use it all over my eye area and as an emolient aid when a product is too thick. It blends with concealer very well, which helps keep it from being too visible on my thin under-eye skin.

The goodies in it are antioxidants and retinol, so I use it mainly at night and always-always use a sunblock if I'm wearing it during daylight hours. I wouldn't swear as to how much it helps reduce wrinkles, but I do find it plumps up fine lines a little and makes the skin very soft and supple.

The Boots website has a great feature called the Skin Wheel, and it's wicked! You drag the wheel to describe your skin condition, and the website kicks out a 'report' of the Boots products best suited to your skin. Great advertising feature if you're unfamiliar with the product lines. I always have trouble sorting out which line will work best for my skin and my needs. It's the whole denial thing: "I don't need to worry about anti-aging products!"

No comments: