01 October 2008

Product Review: Avon Glazewear Liquid Lip Color

I love to wear lipgloss. I like that it makes my naturally thin lips appear fuller, and I find it's the best way to keep from chewing my lips until they are corrugated and sore. I unconsciously think that I'll ruin my pretty makeup and stop chewing. I am a lip-presser, though. I roll my lips and press the colour right off them.

Wearing ChapStick as a kid was my lips' best defense against myself. Mind you, they make such tasty flavours that it almost works the opposite way. When I discovered they still made Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers, I nearly lost my mind.

It's a tricky challenge to find lasting lip colour that doesn't dry my lips out even more. Most of the lipcolours marketed as long-wearing are either really hard to apply or really drying. The opposite end of the spectrum is that products that are shiny are often sticky and feel gross.

Avon has a nice gloss in Glazewear Liquid Lip Color. It's shiny, has decent staying power, and is enriched with Vitamins A, C and E. It has a nice, light cocoa flavour and goes on creamy, not streaky. It starts out a little sticky, but in about five minutes it's set and just has the sheen without the stick.

I especially like the Chic Mauve. It's nearly the same as my natural lip colour, but it gives a rosier hue to them and a little sparkle. Right now they are cheap-cheap: only $2.99 on the Avon.ca website.

No comments: