27 September 2008

Product Review: InfiniteAloe Skin Care

My husband has always had skin problems. He is a redhead who sunburns easily and had severe eczema as a child. He also had chemical burns on his forearms from working in concrete as a teenager. I was an optician for five years, so my hands were exposed to acetone and other chemical for much of the day. I noticed my hands became much drier than before my career. We test a lot of creams and lotions in this house

At the Capital Ex this past July, we saw a booth for a moisturizer called InfiniteAloe. They had a lot of materials on the 'natural benefits' of aloe vera. Hub decided to try this moisturizer after talking to the salesmen at the booth and getting such a good deal (or as we like to say, "Whadda bah-gain!").

I already knew a lot about the healing properties of aloe from tidbits my health food guru grandma taught me; it is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antiviral and antifungal. My grandma used it for years internally and externally for a variety of ailments from arthritis to sunburns to stomach irritation.

InfiniteAloe contains a form of aloe vera called Aloe Barbadensis Miller, which is a variety used in burn centers. They claim it absorbs into all seven layers of the skin, lasts five to eight hours and treats a shopping list of ailments including eczema and psoriasis. Anytime someone starts to get too wordy about all the wonderful "cure-all" things a single item can do, I tend to get skeptical, and the salesmen made these types of claims with InfiniteAloe. InfiniteAloe doesn't make these "cure-all" claims, but they do display a lot of testimonials on the website. I can break down what it does for Hub and me:

It has a light jasmine fragrance which doesn't compete with other things you wear. The cream contains five different oils, herbal extracts and vitamins. It is really light and emollient and absorbs into the skin very quickly and doesn't leave a waxy residue, which is something Hub hates in lotions.

It moisturizes for a very long time, but I couldn't say that it lasts more than five to eight hours because I wash my hands more often than that and washing hands dries them out. They feel much softer during the day than when I don't use this cream. It goes a really long way, too; a pea-sized drop will moisturize my hands. It's also works very well as a face moisturizer.

InfiniteAloe is roughly $40 for an 8 oz jar. We bought a trade show special kit of two 8 oz jars and two 0.5 oz jars of the cream for $70. It's also available in a fragrance-free formula, which I normally prefer, but the jasmine scent in this cream is really nice. There's also a new scent that's supposed to be nice on men, but I don't mind the original scent on Hub. We'll definitely continue reorder this cream!

No comments: