20 September 2008

Product Review: Olay Total Effects Lathering Cleansing Cloths

While I try to maintain a good cleansing regimen, I am pretty lazy. I'm always looking for ways to make the whole cleansing process easier. I've used cleansing cloths off and on for years, especially when I travel. I don't like the idea of adding to landfill waste with a daily disposable product, I love the idea of taking a container of dry cloths when I travel that will clean and tone my face. When a new cleansing cloth is available with new features, I'm always curious if it will get the job done.

Olay Total Effects Lathering Cleansing Cloths are my current favourite brand. I love the two textured sides; I lather the rough side and use it to exfoliate, and rinse using the smooth side. It does a good job of cleaning my face until it is squeaky clean.

As mentioned in a previous post, the Total Effects 7-in-1 claim is:
  1. Diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  2. Reduce the appearance of pores by deep cleansing
  3. Exfoliate to reveal younger-looking skin
  4. Smooth skin texture – visibly and to the touch
  5. Even skin tone
  6. Improve surface dullness giving skin a radiant, healthy glow
  7. Soothe dry skin, hydrating with Olay moisture.
I find it is quite strong and astringent, and it makes my skin feel very tight afterwards. It cleans off makeup very well, but since I usually wear waterproof mascara, it doesn't take off mascara for me as it claims. I only use it every other day, but it certainly cleans my pores out. I find I need to moisturize very well after I use it. I don't use it if my skin is sunburned because it seems to make irritation worse. I don't agree with the claim that it soothes dry skin, but it seems to exfoliate very well. My skin feels smoother and tighter, and after a few days it does seem to make my skin looks less dull.

Use this if you want a quick, really strong cleanse and don't want to fuss with several different products. Be aware that it's pretty potent so you'll have to moisturize, and if you have sensitive skin it might irritate.

No comments: